closing itself at random

Help
2009-02-21
2013-04-11
  • Derek Tombrello

Derek Tombrello - 2009-02-21

OK.. I finally got Sreem to load ( I installed it from Ubuntu's Add/Remove dialog ) but now it has a really annoying problem...

Screem will shut itself down, as if I had clicked quit, at random - even while I'm typing.

Has anyone else seen this?

• Derek Tombrello

Derek Tombrello - 2009-02-21

If it helps, I tried starting Screem from the console. Here is what I get throughout the run up to the point where the program shuts down:

derek@eMachines:~$ screem

(screem:20799): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkSpinButton: setting an adjustment with non-zero page size is deprecated

(screem:20799): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkSpinButton: setting an adjustment with non-zero page size is deprecated

(screem:20799): Gtk-WARNING **: Refusing to add non-unique action 'cancel drag' to action group 'ScreemActions'

(screem:20799): screem-CRITICAL **: screem_page_is_feature: assertion `SCREEM_IS_PAGE( page )' failed

(screem:20799): screem-CRITICAL **: screem_page_is_xml: assertion `SCREEM_IS_PAGE( page )' failed

(screem:20799): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_window_resize: assertion `width > 0' failed

Segmentation fault
      derek@eMachines:~$

• Dick MacDonald

Dick MacDonald - 2010-01-16

There seem to be some memory handling problems in Screem. I did not get the same errors but it did terminate tieh the following error:

***MEMORY-ERROR***: screem: GSlice: assertion failed: sinfo->n_allocated > 0
    Aborted

I guess i'll stick with Ultraedit (costly but no problems) on my main machine and gedit on others.

• Jim Hayward

Jim Hayward - 2010-01-17

The Screem project has been inactive for about 4 years. Because of this a lot of the code is using outdated API's. Any of the old releases are pretty much unusable.

Recently I have updated some of the code in CVS. I have not had a lot of time, so the code in CVS still needs a lot of help. If you wish to try Screem, checkout the code from current CVS.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks