A new SCons checkpoint release, 2.1.0, is now available
on the SCons download page:
Here is a summary of the changes since 2.0:
- SCons can now automatically embed manifests in Windows executables and DLLs, by setting WINDOWS_EMBED_MANIFEST in the environment. - SCons now searches for site_scons dirs in several system-wide and per-user locations, in addition to the SConstruct top dir. This should enable much easier use of third-party (non-core) Tools.
CHANGED/ENHANCED EXISTING FUNCTIONALITY
- scons --version now prints the path to the SCons package in use - List modifications to existing features, where the previous behavior wouldn't actually be considered a bug - Add initial support for VS/VC 2010
- Windows resource compiler (RC) scanner now handles DOS line endings - Visual Studio project generation now works when CPPPATH contains Dir nodes - Visual Studio projects are regenerated when CPPPATH or CPPDEFINES change NOTE: this will cause all MSVS projects to be regenerated with this version. - Passing MSVC_BATCH=False works now (treated same as 0) - Long compile lines no longer break MSVC_BATCH mode - RPATH is now in LINKCOM rather than LINKFLAGS, so resetting LINKFLAGS doesn't kill RPATH - Precompiled headers on Windows no longer break when used with variant dirs containing spaces. - Delete can now delete symlinks to directories and broken symlinks - CPPDEFINES containing dictionaries now work better. - A problem with using implicit-cache and removing dependencies on disk is corrected. - A problem with FS Entries which are dirs and have builders is corrected. - A problem with Install() of a dir when the dest dir exists is corrected. - Windows subprocess output should now be more reliable. - The users guide and man page have various fixes. - Appending to default $*FLAGS in a copied environment now works properly. - LaTeX scanner is improved for broken lines or embedded spaces. - Windows UNC paths (\\SERVER\SHARE\dir) now work much better.
- ParseFlags now supports -std=c++0x and related CXXFLAGS - ParseFlags now supports -dylib_file from pkgconfig - New debugging options to print unlink/relinking of variant files (--debug=duplicate) and preparation of targets (--debug=prepare). - SCons can now generate MSVS 9.0 and 10.0 Projects and Solutions. - MSVS Solution generation is improved. - Fortran 03 is supported (preliminary) - .sx files are now treated as assembly sources. - site_scons/site_init.py is now treated as a proper module with __doc__, __file__ and __name__. - TeX command strings now work on Windows when the new dir is on a different drive letter. - DMD version 2 is supported (using the phobos2 library) - New --debug=prepare option shows each target as it's prepared for building; can help when you don't know why a target isn't being built.
- Added new getting started section
for their contributions to this release.
Log in to post a comment.