Menu

8.66 Installation

Anonymous
2011-09-07
2012-10-18
  • Francois VOGEL

Francois VOGEL - 2011-10-10

Apologies, but I only noticed your posting today (due to missing notice emails I've just complained about, see https://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/ticket/22096)

I understand that the first part of your report is about installation of Scipad in a Scilab 5 environment. My understanding is that it finally worked for you, after some issues that you have reported in ticket [tickets:#11].

The second part of your report is about installation in a Scicoslab environment. I can reproduce the issue you describe. For me the install instruction works. Here is a snapshot of my session:

a. Downloaded the package: scipad-8.64-Scicoslab.zip

b. Uncompressed it in directory /home/myname/Documents/scipad-8.64.Scicoslab

c. In Scicoslab, typed SCI to know the installation directory of ScicosLab.
    <SCI> is /usr/lib/scicoslab-gtk-4.4.1
    Then I closed Scicoslab.

d. Copy/pasted the content of the unzipped directory into the installation directory of ScicosLab:

su - (gave root password here)
    cp -r /home/myname/Documents/scipad-8.64.Scicoslab/* /usr/lib/scicoslab-gtk-4.4.1

e. Opened ScicosLab with root/admin privileges (i.e. still in su - mode)

f. In ScicosLab, issued genlib("utillib");

g. Quitted ScicosLab.

h. Reopened ScicosLab as a normal user, and scipad()

That worked for me.

No idea why it does not for you.

My OS is Debian Squeeze 32 bits, with 32 bits Scicoslab (scicoslab-gtk_4.4.1-1_i386.squeeze.deb). I can't see why it could make a difference with your 64 bits case.

Related

Bugs and Feature Requests: #11

Last edit: Francois VOGEL 2011-10-11
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-10-18

Please fix the problem with the edition of the graphics in OSX.

x=1:1:100;

-->y=sin(x);

-->plot(x,y)
    ADVERTENCIA: La interfaz Tcl/Tk no está instalada

This error occurs when in the graphic window i try to go to the figure
    properties (OSX 10.8, scilab 5.4)

Thanks for Scilab.....

• Francois VOGEL

Francois VOGEL - 2012-10-18

(Next time please create a new topic instead of replying to something completely unrelated.)

Now on the issue:

You are using Scilab 5.x under OSX operating system and try to access figure properties. You get the message you report.

This is not a Scipad bug: Scipad has nothing to do with this.

This problem is due to the fact the graphics properties editor is written in Tcl/Tk, and Tcl/Tk is not supported by the Scilab team under OSX. This problem may be reported in the Scilab tracker here:
      http://bugzilla.scilab.org

You have already reported something there:
      http://bugzilla.scilab.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11910
      that could have a link with Scipad, if you really mean Scipad., and that should be reported in the Scipad tracker.
      However the issue you mention in your post above about edition of graphics has nothing to do with Scipad.

To sum up:
      - you may report your problem with edition of graphics properties in the Scilab tracker
      and
      - you may create a new ticket in the ticket tracker of Scipad project if you have something to report about Scipad

Good luck,
      Francois

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel