Useful information is often stored in the clipboard, but it can be easily lost, e.g., if you accidently copy instead of pasting text. There is no "Undo" capability for clipboard.
Suggestion: allow the user to open a special "clipboard" buffer. It would behave like an ordinary unsaved text buffer, but it would be linked to the clipboard in the following way:
- changes to the clipboard buffer affect the clipboard (the buffer contents is copied to the clipboard)
- copy/cut operations in Scite replace the clipboard buffer contents with the new contents of the clipboard, and set the clipboard buffer lexer to the language to that of the source buffer
- when Scite looses and then regains focus, the contents of the clipboard buffer is updated with the new contents of the clipboard (if changed), changing the language to Text.
The following operations on the clipboard buffer would turn it into an ordinary buffer:
- copy/cut/paste in the clipboard buffer (it then becomes an ordinary unsaved buffer)
- Save As text file (it then becomes an ordinary unsaved buffer).
Advantages of having a clipboard buffer:
- Undo/Redo capability for clipboard
-> lets you get back previous clipboard content
-> also gets you something like a clipboard ring
Log in to post a comment.