I propose you this patch that allows to browse between fold block.
The folding information revealed by Scintilla does represent the structure of that code so would appear to be a good basis for navigation commands. Its a worthwhile experiment but may not prove popular. There is a maintenance cost to all code included in Scintilla so features will only be added when there is a good case either from experience with other editors or because the benefits are strong and obvious.
There has been no demand for this. I don't think inclusion of this feature is currently justified.
Posting an implementation here does still help as it allows others to experiment with the feature which may then lead to its inclusion.
imho, this feature is as useful as ParaDown/ParaUp (and maybe more) that's already included.
Because it exists lot of use cases (that I's already confront it) like :
- pass over quickly fold block without to force folding this block, and put the caret after and unfloding it,
- search occurrence of a word with "Find in Files", and know quickly which function that's included this occurrence,
- go to the end to function, or more generally fold block (like a big switch case like into Editor.cxx for example ;) ) to include some code,
- select quickly a fold block in order to copy|cut and paste, or to comment it.
I don't know which is visibility this issue for other users or editors. So I think that I will post a message on scintilla mailing list. A feature can't become useful without knowledge of the users.
For persons, whom are interested, I add new patch #2 to change of fold block only when the caret is on tip of line.
I upload this new patch #3 that's with current hg tip
- scintilla changeset 3724.
- scite changeset: 3522 (only documentation).
I also modify the Command number (2996,2997,2998,2999) for avoiding clash with those of official supported by Scintilla into hg repository.
Into your user option file, add :
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.