I'm creating this by request from Geany https://github.com/geany/geany/issues/712.
This has been driving me nuts for a while but I finally figured it out. If you have:
Then hitting end on the wrapped part of a long line does a line-down and not an end. If you set show_line_endings=true then end works as expected and desired.
I'm running Geany 1.25 from the "geany-dev" PPA on Linut Mint 17 but I'm pretty sure this bug has been present thing the whole "gotoline*visual" thing was fixed.
Steps to reproduce (Geany):
1. Set config as above
2. Create a file with long lines
3. Go to the first line of a wrapped line, hit home and end and they should stay on that line as expected
4. Go to the second (last?) line of a wrapped line, home should work but end should go to the next line instead of the end of this line
5. Set show_line_endings=false
6. end should not work as expected per the keymap.
The behaviour is the same in Scite so this is a problem in the Scintilla widget we use which is a separate project (www.scintilla.org), please report it there and post the issue number here for tracking.
Log in to post a comment.