W. G. Mitchener - 2001-07-27

Hi, I've been trying out scigraphica, and I have a few suggestions about functionality to add to future versions.

1. I'm working with a scatter plot of some data where the x range is 0..1.8 and the y range is -3 to 2.5, and my x axis has ticks 0.0, 0.2, 0.4, etc. This is what I get from pushing the autoscale button. If I now push the "zoom in" button on the side of the window (which I just noticed has "Zoom out" in its tool tip), I get an x axis with ticks 0.0, 0.1, 0.2, etc. If I zoom in again, I get ticks of 0.0, 0.0, 0.1, 0.1, 0.2, 0.2, etc. I want it to show 0.0, 0.05, 0.1, 0.15, etc., instead of rounding it to one digit. I've been poking around in the "axes" node of the layer control window, and I haven't found a place where I can specify how it should format the labels on the ticks. That would be a nice thing to have somewhere.

2. It would be nice if it would autmatically refresh plot windows when the underlying dataset changes. (In other words, I figured out what the mysterious refresh button does in the layer control window.) This can be done with some sort of observer/observable architecture, or model/view/controller.