Menu

conversion .sciprj to .opj

Stepan
2020-03-08
2020-08-02
  • Stepan

Stepan - 2020-03-08
    I use linux and don't won't use origin, because it's additional troubles. 
    But in my laboratory all people use origin and i need conversion
    .sciprj to .opj.
    Can i done this  in principle? 
    Or  may be i can do somthing  so that origin 
    can open and change SciDAVis progects? Sorry for my english)))

Last edit: Stepan 2020-03-08
  • asif

asif - 2020-08-02

SciDavis isn't mature in my opinion and Origin and QtiPlot all have bugs but a competent development team addresses those bugs. You should use Origin and QtiPlot.

• Fellype

Fellype - 2020-08-02

SciDavis isn't mature in my opinion and Origin and QtiPlot all have bugs but a competent development team addresses those bugs.

Have you tried to report properly the bugs you have found at [1]?
      Have you took a look at [1] in order to check the number of bugs reported and how many were fixed?

I agree that SciDAVis isn't as mature as other commercial/paid plotting tools. But the development team is good and very competent. The problem is that it is a small team. No one is making profit from SciDAVis. All them are doing volunteer work in their free time.
      However, many bugs I reported in [1] were fixed only a few hours before. Meanwhile, a bug fixed in [1] isn't necessarily included immediately in a new release. Only QtiPlot do that (because it is a promise of the developer, for those who pay, of course).

You should use Origin and QtiPlot.

Both are paid software. Do you pay for licenses of Origin and QtiPlot? Or do you use "cracked" versions of them?
      Why not SigmaPlot (also paid)?
      Why not another free plotting tool? Some suggestions: LabPlot, Grace, Veusz, python + matplotlib, Octave, Scilab,...
      Why not any other from this list [2], for example?
      Please, try out some of the free plotting tools listed in [2] and tell me if you find one that is better than SciDAVis.

Notice: I use SciDAVis since 2007. I know it could be better than it is now. However, I also know you will not find an origin-like free software better than SciDAVis. However, maybe LabPlot can be compared to it...
      Edit: You can also take a look at AlphaPlot, which is a fork from SciDAVis.

Best regards,

Fellype

[1] https://sourceforge.net/p/scidavis/scidavis-bugs/
      [2] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_information_graphics_software

Last edit: Fellype 2020-08-02