xml schema or DTD for resulting xml files

Help
Anonymous
2011-04-14
2013-05-29
  • Anonymous - 2011-04-14

Hi John,

Just a quick question.  Is there a DTD or schema for the xml files that are generated that describe each of the database schemas?  The files that are <dbname>.<schemaname>.xml

Thanks.

Damien.

• John Currier

John Currier - 2011-04-15

Unfortunately there's nothing that formalized.  At the time that I put all of that together there were no standards in place.  If I were to do it again (with a switch for the type of format) I'd do a better job of conforming to whatever standards exist.

John

• Anonymous - 2011-04-16

So do you mean that there wasn't an existing XML standard for describing database schema?  I was just wondering if you had an xml schema that you use to validate the XML that schemaspy generates?  Treating your XML as a standard. 

I guess I'd just like to get a good idea of the exact format of your XML so I can use it for other purposes. 

But if there isn't anything (as in the XML has evolved to suit the needs of schemaspy), then no worries.  I'll just examine what outputs I get from various databases.

Thanks John.

Damien.

• John Currier

John Currier - 2011-04-18

Correct.  Unfortunately it's very informal with not a lot of real thought put into it.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks