Terms requested for SBPAX group to allow incorporation of Signaling Gateway Molecule Pages data.
(Submitted on behalf of Oliver/Ashok)
Initial proposed set:
1) Tau Open (milli second): mean channel open time
2) Tau Close (milli second): mean channel open time
*applicablility to all ions
3) Activation Gating (milli volts) : voltage/potential difference that opens a channel
*extent/duration of gating
4) Inactivation Gating (milli volts) : voltage/potential difference that continuosly closes a channel
5) Inactive gate time constant (milli second) : time in Inactivation gating
Channel Ion specific parameters: Channel ion is a small molecule (like Sodium, Calcium, Potassium etc)
1) Conductance (pico-siemens) : the ability of an ion channel to pass current, measure of current (amps) divided by voltage (volts)
2) gamma value (pico-siemens) : average conductance
3) gamma max value (pico-siemens) : maximum average conductance
4) Ionic selectivity (Dimensionless): the degree to which a channel allows a specific ion to pass while excluding other ions.