From: James Y Knight <foom@fu...> - 2007-12-11 19:23:23
Here's a wishlist of changes I think should be made to the compilation
- Get rid of the value 1 == computed meaning. Make the defaults for
all the dependent qualities nil, and have nil -> computed. 0-3 should
all be actual settable values.
- There should be no compilation decisions made based on any of the
basic qualities in sbcl itself: everything should be conditioned upon
a dependent quality.
- (describe-compiler-policy :verbose t) should show the formula used
to derive the default for each dependent quality, and perhaps some
additional documentation. Or maybe this should be in the docstring for
the symbol, instead? Available somehow, in any case.
- The quality symbols should be exported as a public interface.
- After getting rid of all internal uses of basic qualities, someone
should go through all the combinations of basic qualities, and make
sure that they result in actually sensible changes in the derived