Update of /cvsroot/sbcl/sbcl
In directory fdv4jf1.ch3.sourceforge.com:/tmp/cvs-serv8626
220.127.116.11: QUIT related work
* SAVE-LISP-AND-DIE :TOPLEVEL can return, just call QUIT if it does.
* --script should not override QUIT called by user with its own exit status.
(reported by Hubert Kauker)
RCS file: /cvsroot/sbcl/sbcl/NEWS,v
retrieving revision 1.1517
retrieving revision 1.1518
diff -u -d -r1.1517 -r1.1518
--- NEWS 12 May 2009 09:58:45 -0000 1.1517
+++ NEWS 12 May 2009 11:00:13 -0000 1.1518
@@ -1,4 +1,8 @@
;;;; -*- coding: utf-8; fill-column: 78 -*-
+ * minor incompatible change: SAVE-LISP-AND-DIE :TOPLEVEL function is now
+ allowed to return, which causes SBCL to quit with exit status 0. Previously
+ if the function returned with a small integer return value, that value
+ was accidentally reused as the exit status.
* new feature: SB-EXT:DEFGLOBAL macro allows defining global non-special
* new feature: SB-EXT:ALWAYS-BOUND proclamation inhibits MAKUNBOUND, and
@@ -19,6 +23,8 @@
* improvement: pretty-printing loop has been implemented properly. (thanks
to Tobias Rittweiler)
* documentation: CLOS slot typechecing policy has been documented.
+ * bug fix: exit status from QUIT when called under --script was lost
+ (reported by Hubert Kauker)
* bug fix: MAKE-ARRAY for non-zero :INITIAL-ELEMENT always used the
same implementation of FILL to initialize the array, even if a more
efficient one was available (reported by Stas Boukarev, thanks to
RCS file: /cvsroot/sbcl/sbcl/version.lisp-expr,v
retrieving revision 1.4459
retrieving revision 1.4460
diff -u -d -r1.4459 -r1.4460
--- version.lisp-expr 12 May 2009 09:58:45 -0000 1.4459
+++ version.lisp-expr 12 May 2009 11:00:13 -0000 1.4460
@@ -17,4 +17,4 @@
;;; checkins which aren't released. (And occasionally for internal
;;; versions, especially for internal versions off the main CVS
;;; branch, it gets hairier, e.g. "0.pre7.14.flaky4.13".)
Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.