We've released a new version of SBCL, release notes follow:
changes in sbcl-1.0.47 relative to sbcl-1.0.46:
* bug fix: fix mach port rights leaks in mach exception handling code on
darwin/x86 and /x86-64. (thanks to Willem Oudshoorn for motivation and the
* enhancement: --script muffles style-warnings and compiler notes. (lp#677779)
* enhancement: redefinition warnings for macros from different files. (lp#434657)
* enhancement: better MACHINE-VERSION on Darwin x86 and x86-64. (lp#668332)
* enhancement: (FORMAT "foo" ...) and similar signal a compile-time warning. (lp#327223)
* enhancement: no more "in: LAMBDA NIL" messages from the compiler for forms
processed using EVAL -- now the appropriate toplevel form is reported instead.
* enhancement: more legible style-warnings for inappropriate IGNORE and IGNORABLE
* enhancement: :NOT-NULL option has been added to alien C-STRING type to indicate
that NIL/NULL is excluded from the type.
* enhancement: SB-INTROSPECT:MAP-ROOT allows mapping over pointers contained in
* optimization: SLOT-VALUE &co are faster in the presence of SLOT-VALUE-USING-CLASS
and its compatriots.
* optimization: core startup time is reduced by 30% on x86-64. (lp#557357)
* bug fix: SB-DEBUG:BACKTRACE-AS-LIST guards against potentially leaking
stack-allocated values out of their dynamic-extent. (lp#310175)
* bug fix: attempts to use SB-SPROF for wallclock profiling on threaded
x86-64 builds caused a type-error.
* bug fix: calling COMPILE with something else than a lambda-expression as the
second argument reports a more sensible error. (lp#718905)
* bug fix: invalid combinations of :PREDICATE and :TYPE options in DEFSTRUCT
are detected. (lp#520607)
* bug fix: constant keyword argument checking didn't take :ALLOW-OTHER-KEYS
* bug fix: SLOT-BOUNDP information is correct during MAKE-INSTANCE in the
presence of (SETF SLOT-VALUE-USING-CLASS) and SLOT-BOUNDP-USING-CLASS
methods. (regression from 220.127.116.11)
* bug fix: INITIALIZE-INSTANCE :AROUND methods supplying initargs via
CALL-NEXT-METHOD work correctly. (regression from 18.104.22.168)
* bug fix: several foreign functions accepting string also accepted NIL and
consequently caused a memory fault at 0 now signal a type-error instead.
* bug fix: under rare circumstances, constraint propagation could rewrite a
variable reference to refer to a variable not in scope, causing an error
during physical environment analysis when attempting to close over the
* bug fix: SIMPLE-CONDITION :FORMAT-CONTROL defaults to NIL.