Menu

Backup Mounted Windows Share?

Help
ICPeanuts
2006-02-19
2013-02-05
  • ICPeanuts

ICPeanuts - 2006-02-19

Can sbackup backup mounted Windows Share? I tried, it does not seem to back anything up. Is there a workaround or this functionality is not supported in Sbackup.

Thanks

• Aigars Mahinovs

Aigars Mahinovs - 2006-02-20

i have not tried to do that, however if that does not work it is a bug and I will look into that for the next version.

Are there any messages displayed if you run sbackupd as root in the console?

• ICPeanuts

ICPeanuts - 2006-03-05

I was able to get it to backup Windows shares, but now, it does not work anymore. I added the smb share directory to the include list, ran a backup, it only backup one sub-directory, no files within it.

"Are there any messages displayed if you run sbackupd as root in the console?"
      -- I am not sure what you mean. I am new to Linux. Please explain to me how to find that out.

Thanks.

• Aigars Mahinovs

Aigars Mahinovs - 2006-03-05

If you launch a console and there enter command "sudo sbackupd" you will be executing a backup run manually. That will allow you to see any error messages that could be there.

• ICPeanuts

ICPeanuts - 2006-03-05

I ran sudo sbackupd, the daemon ran fine, no error, the incremental backup ran, but nothing was backup,  it does not back any files else up. Even thought there are over 600 MB files there. It seems like it only backup directory names. Is there something I can check?

I removed all the exclude directory, files and size limit, does that have any effect on this?

Thanks.

• ICPeanuts

ICPeanuts - 2006-03-05

Here is the /etc/sbackup.conf file. I just want to backup everything on the Windows Share on Ponko/test . Thanks

[exclude]
      regex = /home/[^/]+?/\.thumbnails,/home/[^/]+?/\.Trash
      maxsize = -1

[dirconfig]
      /home/admin/smb4k/PONKO/Test = 1

[general]
      maxincrement = 21
      lockfile = /var/lock/sbackup.lock
      target = /var/backup
      format = 1

• ICPeanuts

ICPeanuts - 2006-03-07

Problem fixed by upgrading to version .9
      Thanks

• Aigars Mahinovs

Aigars Mahinovs - 2006-03-07

I am glad to hear that! I was somehow thinking you were running 0.9, so I was a bit mistyfied by the bug reappearing :)