Menu

Volume monitoring will not work

Help
Anonymous
2006-10-30
2013-02-05
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2006-10-30

I recently did a fresh install of 6.10. And have not been able to configure sbackup from the gui. I can run sbackupd successfully, though it would be nice to be able to configure it through the GUI.

Here are the error's I receive:

bryce@ubuntu:~$ sudo simple-backup-config

(simple-backup-config:26476): libgnomevfs-WARNING **: Failed to open session DBUS connection: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
    Volume monitoring will not work.

--This opens the window fine, however when I click on use recommended backup settings, and then save the following occurs:

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/sbin/simple-backup-config", line 490, in on_main_radio_group_changed
        self.widgets.get_widget("vbox12").set_sensitive( False )
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'set_sensitive'
      File "/usr/sbin/simple-backup-config", line 490, in on_main_radio_group_changed
        self.widgets.get_widget("vbox12").set_sensitive( False )
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'set_sensitive'
      File "/usr/sbin/simple-backup-config", line 399, in on_save_clicked
        tail = "\troot\tif [ -x " + self.conf.get("places", "prefix") + "/sbin/sbackupd ]; then " + self.conf.get("places", "prefix") + "/sbin/sbackupd; fi;"
      File "/usr/lib/python2.4/ConfigParser.py", line 511, in get
        raise NoSectionError(section)
    ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'places'

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

• Christian Boulanger

Hi I think the DBUS error message is not fatal, but there seem to be a few bugs in the Ubuntu 6.10 version of the simple-backup-config script. See here for a potential solution:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=2247870#post2247870

Cheers, C.