WinMe - Error in TV_ENUA.DLL

Leo Feret
2002-12-28
2002-12-28
  • Leo Feret

Leo Feret - 2002-12-28

After installing SAYZME on WinMe and restarting, clicking on SAYZME shortcut gives error msg "Sayzme has caused an error in TV_ENUA.DLL" , which is not on my PC.  The Microsoft Text to Speech Engine 4.0.4.2512 works fine by itself out of Control Panel.  Is this why WinMe is not listed as supported?

• Adam Bunter

Adam Bunter - 2002-12-28

I do not own a copy of WinMe so have not been able to test SayzMe for that operating system. The only suggestions I can offer are as follows:

The file TV_ENUA.DLL refers to the L&H English TruVoice Text-To-Speech Engine - so it is possible that the installation of this engine may be incomplete. You could try uninstalling and reinstalling the Microsoft components. Be sure to  install "spchapi.exe" first (Microsoft Speech API4) , followed by "msttsl.exe" (Microsoft synthetic voices) - these files are available from the Sayz Me homepage. The additional L&H voices can be downloaded from http://www.microsoft.com/msagent/downloads.htm

If you are using any Microsoft Agent products, the installation of  these in the incorrect order can also cause problems. Try uninstalling all text-to-speech (TTS) engines, voices and the Ms Speech Recognition (SR) engine. Then reinstall the Agent components in the following order:
      a) Ms Agent b) TTS Speech Engine c) SR Engine.

Failing the above, you can also check out the troubleshooting section on the Microsoft Agent
      website at http://www.microsoft.com/msagent/troubleshoot.htm
      for more ideas - although I did not find anything that related to this particular error.

Sorry that I cannot be of more help. Please let me know how you get on. Cheers.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks