This issue reminds me vaguely of the time when I moved from Windows to Mac and tried to get a script involving calls to Saxon work on the new machine. After days of looking for the cause of the errors I received, I finally figured out that the issue was the fact that Windows and Mac use different newline characters.

Wolfhart Totschnig

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 11:03 AM, Ihe Onwuka <> wrote:
On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 7:50 AM, Michael Kay <> wrote:
> I would normally expect that if you take a shell script that works on windows and run it on Mac, then it will fail, so this is hardly surprising.

Interesting. My sole prior experience of this scenario (different
client) went quite smoothly.

> A ClassNotFoundException on net.sf.saxon.Transform invariably means that the Saxon jar file is not on the classpath.

I was and am still rather suspecting there may be issues with the
punctuation characters. I have sent him a script that circumvents the
need to pass the classpath (i.e not using the -x option).

Rapidly troubleshoot problems before they affect your business. Most IT
organizations don't have a clear picture of how application performance
affects their revenue. With AppDynamics, you get 100% visibility into your
Java,.NET, & PHP application. Start your 15-day FREE TRIAL of AppDynamics Pro!
saxon-help mailing list archived at