Yes, thanks, I spotted the similar change for URI and made that change too.
 
Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/


From: saxon-help-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net [mailto:saxon-help-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Rademacher, Gunther
Sent: 19 May 2008 07:52
To: Mailing list for the SAXON XSLT and XQuery processor
Subject: Re: [saxon] Saxon 9.0.9.3 on Java URLs

That of course solved my problem. However I found I had to apply a similar source
change to line 744 of PJConverter.java for URIs.
 
Meanwhile I had almost all of my XQuery code run on 9.0.9.3, without any further
problems.
 
Thanks and best regards,
Gunther
 


From: saxon-help-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net [mailto:saxon-help-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Michael Kay
Sent: Friday, May 16, 2008 8:43 AM
To: 'Mailing list for the SAXON XSLT and XQuery processor'
Subject: Re: [saxon] Saxon 9.0.9.3 on Java URLs

It's in package net.sf.saxon.expr
 
The source code for 9.0.9.3 is in source.zip which is in the saxon-resources download.
 
Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/


From: saxon-help-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net [mailto:saxon-help-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Rademacher, Gunther
Sent: 15 May 2008 14:04
To: Mailing list for the SAXON XSLT and XQuery processor
Subject: Re: [saxon] Saxon 9.0.9.3 on Java URLs

Thanks for the fix. I'd like to apply it, but can't see where to find PJConverter.java.
 
Best regards,
Gunther
 


From: saxon-help-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net [mailto:saxon-help-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Michael Kay
Sent: Thursday, May 15, 2008 12:08 PM
To: 'Mailing list for the SAXON XSLT and XQuery processor'
Subject: Re: [saxon] Saxon 9.0.9.3 on Java URLs

Thanks for reporting it. If you're prepared to apply a fix, change line 761 of PJConverter.java from
 
return new URL(value.toString());
 
to
 
return new URL(value.getStringValue());
 
Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/


From: saxon-help-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net [mailto:saxon-help-bounces@lists.sourceforge.net] On Behalf Of Rademacher, Gunther
Sent: 15 May 2008 10:45
To: saxon-help@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [saxon] Saxon 9.0.9.3 on Java URLs

When I ran some XQuery code that calls Java, I came across a problem with
Java URLs being passed around in the query. Here is a small example:

        declare namespace url="java:java.net.URL";
        url:to-string(url:new("http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery/"))

This returns:

        The anyURI value '"http://www.w3.org/TR/xquery/"' is not an acceptable Java URL

with a call stack of

        at net.sf.saxon.expr.PJConverter$AnyURIValueToURL.convert(PJConverter.java:763)
        at net.sf.saxon.functions.ExtensionFunctionCall.getTargetInstance(ExtensionFunctionCall.java:400)
        at net.sf.saxon.functions.ExtensionFunctionCall.call(ExtensionFunctionCall.java:315)
        at net.sf.saxon.functions.ExtensionFunctionCall.iterate(ExtensionFunctionCall.java:213)
        at net.sf.saxon.expr.Expression.evaluateItem(Expression.java:352)
        at net.sf.saxon.expr.Expression.process(Expression.java:461)
        at net.sf.saxon.query.XQueryExpression.run(XQueryExpression.java:393)
        at net.sf.saxon.Query.runQuery(Query.java:893)
        at net.sf.saxon.Query.doQuery(Query.java:235)
        at net.sf.saxon.Query.main(Query.java:112)

Best regards,
Gunther


Software AG – Sitz/Registered office: Uhlandstraße 12, 64297 Darmstadt, Germany, – Registergericht/Commercial register: Darmstadt HRB 1562 - Vorstand/ Management Board: Karl-Heinz Streibich (Vorsitzender/Chairman), David Broadbent, Mark Edwards, Dr. Peter Kürpick,Arnd Zinnhardt; - Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender/ Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Frank F. Beelitz - http://www.softwareag.com