I consider moving from JAXP/DOM to ???/S9API the whole content of my
project (1200 classes, 250.000 lines, 300 XSL). I use lots of XPath
2.0 instructions. As it will be a huge job, in terms of code &
Q/A, I am quite cautious...
I still have some questions :
- will I be able to add nodes to a XdmNode (XdmValue.append() ?)
- will I be able to modify nodes of a XdmNode
(XdmValue.setValue() ?) ?
- is there a langage available that allows modifications on tree
(an xupdate-like) ?
- will I be able to build my own documents (the small ones...)
by code, or should I prefer using XSLT (DOM api is very
straight-forward for this) ?
Solved issues are :
- declaring extension functions (thanks to Hans-Juergen Rennau)
- JAXP (no-)future
- XPath 2 implementations and API standards (it was the easiest
Thanks a lot in advance,