SASUnit - Unit testing for SAS(tm)-programs
SASUnit is a unit testing framework for SAS(TM)-programs. It can be used for the development, execution and automatic documentation of tests for SAS programs. SASUnit is written purely on the basis of SAS macros and a few shell commands.
Users of SASUnit: please refer to our User's Guide.
Developers of SASUnit: please refer to our Development Guidelines.
Users of the ticket system: please refer to our Ticket Management Guidelines.
- Write test scencarios and test cases for SAS(R) programs
- Use assertions to test the values of macro variables, the contents of SAS data sets, relations between data sets (referential constraints), the existence of external files or the presence or absence of log messages
- Measure performance of SAS(R) programs
- Integrate non-automatic tests, for instance visual checks of report Output
- Assess test coverage for SAS macros
- Run tests and generate test documentation in batch mode
- Get clearly arranged test documentation, integrated with program documentation
- Use test results in continuous integration environments
- Written purely on the basis of SAS macros and a few shell commands
- Thoroughly tested under SAS(R) 9.1 (until version 1.2.1), 9.2, 9.3 and 9.4 (from version 1.3) under Windows and Linux (experimental under AIX), see Release Notes Version 1.7.
Test documentation: main page
Test documentation: overview of test scenarios
Test documentation: overview of test cases
Test documentation: overview of test case details
Test documentation: code coverage
Test documentation: cross reference
SASUnit is supported by