Support for NW 6.04/7.0x

Anonymous
2011-07-08
2013-05-07
  • Anonymous - 2011-07-08

I see that this is planned for the future…. any idea on a timeline - I've recently started working with NW 7.0.1 and am struggling with moving back to and eclipse 2.x based IDE!!!  I am newer to the SAP JEE stack with a WebSphere/Tomcat/Jboss background so not sure I could contribute but would help if guided.
    Thanks!

• Kaloyan Raev

Kaloyan Raev - 2011-07-13

Hi, unfortunately SAP has no plan to start working on NW 6.04/7.0x support any time soon. If you want to influence the priority, then it would be best to contact SAP Support.

If you wish to contribute for implementing NW 6.04/7.0x support, then I could give you some guidelines. It would be best to start studying the current implementation for NW 7.1x+. The idea is simple - the server adapter calls JAX-WS web services for communication with the NW server. There are two web services: 1) for server lifecycle operations: start, stop, etc; 2) for deploy operations. The first web service is the same for NW 6.40/7.0x and for NW 7.1x+, but the second one works only for NW 7.1x. We need to re-implement it for NW 6.40/7.1x, where the deployment mechanism is completely different.

Let me know if you want to go deeper into these waters.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks