Menu

iccCreateCLUTInputProfile

2019-01-13
2022-06-17
  • Noel Kligonis

Noel Kligonis - 2019-01-13

Hi there, I am new to SampleICC and command-line tools. I did download 1.6.8 and it seemed to have installed flawlessly. I couldn't get 1.6.11 installed though since the output said something about "..../../blabla^M" no such file" or so.

Then I read, that RefIccMax is the successor of SampleICC, which sounds like it's more up2date and maintained. So, the reason why I'm here is that http://www.color.org/sampleicc.xalter claims that SampleICC has a command-line tool that lets you create input dev icc profiles on the basis of clut-files (e.g. cube or 3dl).

I wonder, if that tool is still part of RefIccMax and if so, how to I run it and use it? I can't seem to find detailed documentation on the tools contained.

Thanks in advance,
    noelk

• Magnus

Magnus - 2019-12-25

Hi!

Did you find a solution?
    I'm trying to accomplish the exact same atm, so far with no success. For me 1.6.8 is also the last version that I got running.

I'm trying to use a Hald CLUT for an icc profile and don't quite understand how to use SampleICC for that purpose. The example of create_CLUT_profile uses a .txt as input - I have a .png, which I could convert to .cube or .3dl too, but I have no idea how to use a .txt for that purpose.
    Simply using the .png resolves to "Could not access information for file [...]".

I compiled RefIccMax and searched a bit through it, but wasn't able to grasp how it works.
    Do you have any idea how to get it working or whether RefIccMax has such functionality?

• Michele Renzullo

Hi, I have found the solution and it works! You have to convert the values from the .CUBE file to linear and then to XYZ using this matrix here please use the second linearize function written in the article if you are creating a v4.0 icc profile, because they changed specifications about black values. after you converted to xyz you can use create_CLUT_profile passing --LAB-PCS argument and it will works perfectly! same as .CUBE file.
    If you are using and HALD_CLUT_Image you should convert first to .cube, you can use my script here