fzucca - 2015-01-10

Hi at all

I need (wish...) to build SAGA GIS for FEDORA 20/21 enabling LAS
    import-export ability.

So, at first I want summarize the few knowledge I get around about the
    relationship SAGA and liblas.

For example, actually, the compatibility of SAGA and liblas is on 1.2 like
    in
    http://sourceforge.net/p/saga-gis/discussion/354013/thread/823cbde1/#c730).
    Do someone confirm it?

On the other hand I can't find any useful info or tips on how compile SAGA
    with liblas and so abilitate LAS capabilities.

TIA
    and best regards
    franz

• Rainer Hurling

Rainer Hurling - 2015-01-11

Hi Franz,

I am the maintainer for SAGA GIS on FreeBSD and therefore I had the same problem. As far as I know, until now only libLAS 1.2 is supported.

On FreeBSD, it is sufficient, to have libLAS installed before the configure and build process of SAGA GIS. SAGA GIS will find the libLAS installation, if it is at a common place.

So I only had to define libLAS 1.2 as a dependency of SAGA GIS.

HTH,
    Rainer

• slavko

slavko - 2015-05-16

Hi,

I have SAGA 2.1.4 on Ubuntu 14.04. I have also liblas (liblas.so.3.10).

Is there any way to make saga see those library and enable import/export .las file?

• Rainer Hurling

Rainer Hurling - 2015-05-16

As written before, at this time it seems, that SAGA GIS only supports libLAS until version 1.2. On my FreeBSD box it correlates with library file version liblas.so.1.0.0. Newer versions are not supported.

In your information about liblas.so.3.10 something must be wrong. The last version of liblas is 1.8.0, the Ubuntu site also lists this version: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/liblas.

The same site wrotes about a version 1.2.1-4 (The Precise Pangolin), which seems to be supported be Ubuntu. Perhaps you could give it a try?

• slavko

slavko - 2015-05-16

Ok thank you. I hoped that maybe sth like softlink or other trick would cheat SAGA.

And yeah you were right... liblas.so.3 is not the same library (I have version 1.7 of ASPRS liblas library).