• Jan Helebrant

Jan Helebrant - 2012-10-19

Hi,
    I have plenty of grids with cartesian coordinates and following extent:

West-East
    [-20.000000] - [20.000000] = [40.000000]
    South-North
    [-10.000000] - [50.000000] = [60.000000]

I need to create various profiles for particular grids which all has to intersect point (0;0) but have different orientation. I have to compare these profiles so I calculated the profile point coordinates to have 30 m on shorter and 50 m on longer side (just to be sure the profile will always take all the data within the direction).

However, if I use the profile tool to get the data, I got data probably only for a part of the profile while I expected zeros or some no-data for parts of the profile outside the grid area.

Is there any way to get the correct data or do I have to somehow recalculate the distance extent of the profile and add the zeros manually to match the standard extent?

thanks much

Jan

• Volker Wichmann

Volker Wichmann - 2012-10-22

Hi,

I just had a quick look at the sources, seems like all profile coordinates outside the grid extent are simply discarded. I don't know if this explains the effects you observe.

• Jan Helebrant

Jan Helebrant - 2012-10-30

Thanks Volker,
    I was afraid it is this issue. Yes it explains the strange shift of my value distribution on the profile.

I temporarily solved this by using a measure tool to get length of the first profile section outside the grid system (have 0,5 m grid so my measuring is enough accurate) and then manually move the profile data in LibreOffice Calc (where I also do further analyses) to the right distance.

Not much comfortable for me, but works.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks