Grid file could not be opened.

2014-04-16
2014-04-18
  • Bogdan Hlevca

Bogdan Hlevca - 2014-04-16

Hi,

I worked a little sit SAGA and I like it. However, I have a problem. I cannot load any of the saved grids. I imported a geotiff and saved it as a sgrd files
    4 files are created

MaxRate_april_june.mgrd 21 KB
    MaxRate_april_june.prj 512 B
    MaxRate_april_june.sdat 11.2MB
    MaxRate_april_june.sgrd 142 B

Everything else seems to work. Unfortunately the error is too cryptic to reveal the cause.

I tried a pre-compiled version 2.0.8 and I tried a 2.1.2 compiled by me. The behaviour is identical.

Is there anything I can do to discover the problem. This is very annoying as I need to process the grid every time to change the colors the ranges, etc

I am on Linux 64 bit. The compilation finished with no error and everything else seems to work fine..

Thanks
    Bogdan

Last edit: Bogdan Hlevca 2014-04-16
  • Ludwig Hilger

Ludwig Hilger - 2014-04-16

Dear Bogdan,

nor wuite sure if I understand you problem, but the four files you listed are actually one single grid: Each Saga Grid consists of a .mgrd, .prj, .sdat and .sgrd. The actual file you want to open in SAGA is the *.sgrd.

regards,
    Ludwig

• Bogdan Hlevca

Bogdan Hlevca - 2014-04-16

Dear Ludwig,

Thanks for replying. The problem is that the *.sgrd files are NOT loaded. The subject of this forum topic "Grid file could not be opened" is exactly what SAGA is printing out as an error every time I am trying to load a grid file.

I listed all the files that were generated so that you know that I have there all the necessary files and that the problem is at load time.

I was asking if there is anywhere where I can find a more useful debugging message that will help with understanding why the grid file is not loaded.

Regards,
      Bogdan

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks