we've got some problem with Saga at our site and whether you consider this as being a bug or not is up to you, of course...
At our site, we've got NFS mounted $HOMEs and several computing servers with different architectures and operating systems (Debian Lenny/x86_64 and Solaris10/SPARC, for example), each with a Saga installation on some NFS mounted directory (e.g. a "software tree"). The problem is, that Saga seems to index the plugins in ~/.SAGA and when our users switch to another platform, Saga tries to load the wrong plugins, resulting in "wrong ELF class" errors.
To clarify it:
/sw is the NFS mount
and there exist things like
So, the Solaris-Installation is also accessible from Lenny-machines and the other way around.
If anything of the above is unclear, please don't hestitate to ask for further details or whatever.
A possible solution would be not to index the plugins. A indexing encoding the architecture somehow will not suffice since there can (and at our site are) be different Linux Distibutions and versions be installed on the same architecture, for example Debian Lenny and Suse Linux Enterprise on x86_64.
Thank you very much for having a look!