Menu

User report for asio+dsd

Pipi Chang
2021-03-25
2021-04-15
  • Pipi Chang

Pipi Chang - 2021-03-25

I gave this new plugin a try even though I am happy with DOP output with WASAPI. I didn't use native DSD because I don't want a whole bunch of apps in my registry, but asio+dsd means in I no longer need to install DSD transcoder so I tried it out.

With the asio+dsd plugin I was able to output DSD natively through my Topping D50 up to DSD512. The version I use was 0.0.2-1.

I no longer need to install DSD transcoder with the plugin. However I still need to install the driver for my DAC. That is also the case if I want native DSD with the old asio plugin. I got the latest driver for Topping DAC at shenzhenaudio.com. Just ask the site bot and it will take you there.

In the end I reverted back to DOP and WASAPI even though asio+dsd worked very well, because I don't want extra driver for my DAC. Also I don't see the advantage for native DSD.

Last edit: Pipi Chang 2021-03-25
  • uriele jonah haydn

theoretically, "native" means one less pass through the audio processing. i can use both dsd transcoder and the new asio+dsd plugin even tho' the latter won't let me play MQA correctly and.. i what is the real point of having it? An even more direct way to the output?