Some Trouble getting started

Help
winkerbean
2006-02-26
2013-04-29
  • winkerbean

winkerbean - 2006-02-26

Hi,
        I didn't find the sample data in the distribution (as mentioned in the README file).  Also, when I tried to run SaberDCS, I get:

Could not connect to server "localhost" as user "lampp" on database "sndcs" using port "3306".
    Error: 1045 Access denied for user: 'lampp@localhost' (Using password: YES)

Using config file: "/usr/etc/sndcs.conf"

I'm kinda new to php/sql/etc.  So, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Brian Ellis

Brian Ellis - 2006-02-27

Hi winkerbean,

I apologize for the delay in getting back to you about this problem. Did you download the sample database from the "SaberNet DCS - Samples" download section? I believe that is the sample data that you are looking for. I believe I may need to revise the README file to point to the correct location for those files.

In terms of the error you are getting, could you post your "/usr/etc/sndcs.conf" file so that I can take a look at it. Because you are trying to log in at lampp I see that you have configured that file. One thing to keep in mind is that usernames and passwords for MySQL are separate from the login accounts. If you open up a terminal on the server and type "mysql -u root" and hit enter, does it give you access to a mysql shell (it would look like "mysql>")? If you get to that prompt, type "show databases" and if you could, post the results of that.

Thanks!
      Brian Ellis
      Saberlogic - Consultant
      (330) 335-6442
      www.saberlogic.com

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks