245 lines (219 with data), 9.8 kB
s3cmd 1.5.0-beta1 - 2013-12-02
* Brougt to you by Matt Domsch and contributors, thanks guys! :)
* Multipart upload improvements (Eugene Brevdo, UENISHI Kota)
* Allow --acl-grant on AWS groups (Dale Lovelace)
* Added Server-Side Encryption support (Kevin Daub)
* Improved MIME types detections and content encoding (radomir,
Eric Drechsel, George Melika)
* Various smaller changes and bugfixes from many contributors
s3cmd 1.5.0-alpha3 - 2013-03-11
* Persistent HTTP/HTTPS connections for massive speedup (Michal Ludvig)
* New switch --quiet for suppressing all output (Siddarth Prakash)
* Honour "umask" on file downloads (Jason Dalton)
* Various bugfixes from many contributors
s3cmd 1.5.0-alpha2 - 2013-03-04
* IAM roles support (David Kohen, Eric Dowd)
* Manage bucket policies (Kota Uenishi)
* Various bugfixes from many contributors
s3cmd 1.5.0-alpha1 - 2013-02-19
* Server-side copy for hardlinks/softlinks to improve performance
* New [signurl] command (Craig Ringer)
* Improved symlink-loop detection (Michal Ludvig)
* Add --delete-after option for sync (Matt Domsch)
* Handle empty return bodies when processing S3 errors.
* Upload from STDIN (Eric Connell)
* Updated bucket locations (Stefhen Hovland)
* Support custom HTTP headers (Brendan O'Connor, Karl Matthias)
* Improved MIME support (Karsten Sperling, Christopher Noyes)
* Added support for --acl-grant/--acl-revoke to 'sync' command
* CloudFront: Support default index and default root invalidation
(Josep del Rio)
* Command line options for access/secret keys (Matt Sweeney)
* Support [setpolicy] for setting bucket policies (Joe Fiorini)
* Respect the $TZ environment variable (James Brown)
* Reduce memory consumption for [s3cmd du] (Charlie Schluting)
* Rate limit progress updates (Steven Noonan)
* Download from S3 to a temp file first (Sumit Kumar)
* Reuse a single connection when doing a bucket list (Kelly McLaughlin)
* Delete empty files if object_get() failed (Oren Held)
s3cmd 1.1.0 - (never released)
* MultiPart upload enabled for both [put] and [sync]. Default chunk
size is 15MB.
* CloudFront invalidation via [sync --cf-invalidate] and [cfinvalinfo].
* Increased socket_timeout from 10 secs to 5 mins.
* Added "Static WebSite" support [ws-create / ws-delete / ws-info]
(contributed by Jens Braeuer)
* Force MIME type with --mime-type=abc/xyz, also --guess-mime-type
is now on by default, -M is no longer shorthand for --guess-mime-type
* Allow parameters in MIME types, for example:
* MIME type can be guessed by python-magic which is a lot better than
relying on the extension. Contributed by Karsten Sperling.
* Support for environment variables as config values. For instance
in ~/.s3cmd put "access_key=$S3_ACCESS_KEY". Contributed by Ori Bar.
* Support for --configure checking access to a specific bucket instead
of listing all buckets.
Listing buckets requires the S3 ListAllMyBuckets permission which
is typically not available to delegated IAM accounts. With this change,
s3cmd --configure accepts an (optional) bucket uri as a parameter
and if it's provided, the access check will just verify access to this
bucket individually. Contributed by Mike Repass.
* Allow STDOUT as a destination even for downloading multiple files.
They will be output one after another without any delimiters!
Contributed by Rob Wills.
s3cmd 1.0.0 - 2011-01-18
* [sync] now supports --no-check-md5
* Network connections now have 10s timeout
* [sync] now supports bucket-to-bucket synchronisation
* Added [accesslog] command.
* Added access logging for CloudFront distributions
using [cfmodify --log]
* Added --acl-grant and --acl-revoke [Timothee Groleau]
* Allow s3:// URI as well as cf:// URI as a distribution
name for most CloudFront related commands.
* Support for Reduced Redundancy Storage (--reduced-redundancy)
* Follow symlinks in [put] and [sync] with --follow-symlinks
* Support for CloudFront DefaultRootObject [Luke Andrew]
s3cmd 0.9.9.91 - 2009-10-08
* Fixed invalid reference to a variable in failed upload handling.
s3cmd 0.9.9.90 - 2009-10-06
* New command 'sign' for signing e.g. POST upload policies.
* Fixed handling of filenames that differ only in
capitalisation (eg blah.txt vs Blah.TXT).
* Added --verbatim mode, preventing most filenames
pre-processing. Good for fixing unreadable buckets.
* Added --recursive support for [cp] and [mv], including
multiple-source arguments, --include/--exclude, --dry-run, etc.
* Added --exclude/--include and --dry-run for [del], [setacl].
* Neutralise characters that are invalid in XML to avoid ExpatErrors.
* New command [fixbucket] for for fixing invalid object names
in a given Bucket. For instance names with  in them
(not sure how people manage to upload them but they do).
s3cmd 0.9.9 - 2009-02-17
* Commands for copying and moving objects, within or
between buckets: [cp] and [mv] (Andrew Ryan)
* CloudFront support through [cfcreate], [cfdelete],
[cfmodify] and [cfinfo] commands. (sponsored by Joseph Denne)
* New command [setacl] for setting ACL on existing objects,
use together with --acl-public/--acl-private (sponsored by
Other major features:
* Improved source dirname handling for [put], [get] and [sync].
* Recursive and wildcard support for [put], [get] and [del].
* Support for non-recursive [ls].
* Enabled --dry-run for [put], [get] and [sync].
* Allowed removal of non-empty buckets with [rb --force].
* Implemented progress meter (--progress / --no-progress)
* Added --include / --rinclude / --(r)include-from
options to override --exclude exclusions.
* Added --add-header option for [put], [sync], [cp] and [mv].
Good for setting e.g. Expires or Cache-control headers.
* Added --list-md5 option for [ls].
* Continue [get] partially downloaded files with --continue
* New option --skip-existing for [get] and [sync].
Minor features and bugfixes:
* Fixed GPG (--encrypt) compatibility with Python 2.6.
* Always send Content-Length header to satisfy some http proxies.
* Fixed installation on Windows and Mac OS X.
* Don't print nasty backtrace on KeyboardInterrupt.
* Should work fine on non-UTF8 systems, provided all
the files are in current system encoding.
* System encoding can be overriden using --encoding.
* Improved resistance to communication errors (Connection
reset by peer, etc.)
s3cmd 0.9.8.4 - 2008-11-07
* Stabilisation / bugfix release:
* Restored access to upper-case named buckets.
* Improved handling of filenames with Unicode characters.
* Avoid ZeroDivisionError on ultrafast links (for instance
on Amazon EC2)
* Re-issue failed requests (e.g. connection errors, internal
server errors, etc).
* Sync skips over files that can't be open instead of
terminating the sync completely.
* Doesn't run out of open files quota on sync with lots of
s3cmd 0.9.8.3 - 2008-07-29
* Bugfix release. Avoid running out-of-memory in MD5'ing
s3cmd 0.9.8.2 - 2008-06-27
* Bugfix release. Re-upload file if Amazon doesn't send ETag
s3cmd 0.9.8.1 - 2008-06-27
* Bugfix release. Fixed 'mb' and 'rb' commands again.
s3cmd 0.9.8 - 2008-06-23
* Added --exclude / --rexclude options for sync command.
* Doesn't require $HOME env variable to be set anymore.
* Better checking of bucket names to Amazon S3 rules.
s3cmd 0.9.7 - 2008-06-05
* Implemented 'sync' from S3 back to local folder, including
file attribute restoration.
* Failed uploads are retried on lower speed to improve error
* Compare MD5 of the uploaded file, compare with checksum
reported by S3 and re-upload on mismatch.
s3cmd 0.9.6 - 2008-02-28
* Support for setting / guessing MIME-type of uploaded file
* Correctly follow redirects when accessing buckets created
* Introduced 'info' command both for buckets and objects
* Correctly display public URL on uploads
* Updated TODO list for everyone to see where we're heading
* Various small fixes. See ChangeLog for details.
s3cmd 0.9.5 - 2007-11-13
* Support for buckets created in Europe
* Initial 'sync' support, for now local to s3 direction only
* Much better handling of multiple args to put, get and del
* Tries to use ElementTree from any available module
* Support for buckets with over 1000 objects.
s3cmd 0.9.4 - 2007-08-13
* Support for transparent GPG encryption of uploaded files
* HTTP proxy support
* HTTPS protocol support
* Support for non-ASCII characters in uploaded filenames
s3cmd 0.9.3 - 2007-05-26
* New command "du" for displaying size of your data in S3.
s3cmd 0.9.2 - 2007-04-09
* Lots of new documentation
* Allow "get" to stdout (use "-" in place of destination file
to get the file contents on stdout)
* Better compatibility with Python 2.4
* Output public HTTP URL for objects stored with Public ACL
* Various bugfixes and improvements
s3cmd 0.9.1 - 2007-02-06
* All commands now use S3-URIs
* Removed hard dependency on Python 2.5
* Experimental support for Python 2.4
(requires external ElementTree module)
s3cmd 0.9.0 - 2007-01-18
* First public release brings support for all basic Amazon S3
operations: Creation and Removal of buckets, Upload (put),
Download (get) and Removal (del) of files/objects.