Menu

Deadline Tips

Help
2010-05-26
2018-10-09
  • Erick Vigil

Erick Vigil - 2010-05-26

I have successfully migrate from version 2.1 to 3.01 so i never have work with deadline.
    Please, may you send me some tips about.

Thanks very much, Erick.

• Andrei Mikheev

Andrei Mikheev - 2010-06-01

Hi Erick,

There are two elements in process editor:
    - Timer
    - Wait-State

You can add Timer to a common state by right mouse click on it. Then it is necessary to set interval of time parameters. If the state is not executed in time, then the timer triggers and control flow moves by alternative link.

If you use Wait-state in a process, you need to specify a time to wait. When the process came to the Wait-state it simply stops during waiting period.

Regards,
    Andrei

• Erick Vigil

Erick Vigil - 2010-06-01

Hi,
    I understand Deadline should point to date-time timer trigger of current state.
    Sometimes (Ver. 3.0.1) process instances became RED when deadline points to a passed date,
    then current state only shows System Error. (don't show me the form)
    When the trigger is executed the process instance is recovered (back to white).

Exist some way to update or change that wrong passed deadlines?
    Perhaps just little hardware/software delays may bring about this kind of wrong process behavior?

Best Regards,
    Erick.

• kanaal

kanaal - 2010-06-02

Hi.

Some delay between deadline time and timer execution may coloring process instance. After timer execution this deadline-task may become invalid (control flow moved to next task). But "System Error" is not expected behavior in this case (expected "task already done/accepted" or so).

We are moved timers and deadlines to separate table (in early 3.x we get them from logs), so current release may have different behavior.

• Gilberto Castillo

Hello,

How migrate of the version 3.6 to 4.X?

• Andrei Mikheev

Andrei Mikheev - 2018-10-09

Hello ,

I suggest to use two systems (3.6 and 4.3) simultaneously:
    3.6 - for old instances
    4.3 - for new instances

Regards,
    Andrei