Menu

auto ban client x

2005-09-12
2013-04-16
  • superontvetter

superontvetter - 2005-09-12

The numers of hit and run clients are rising, there are even patches rolling over internet for not reporting any stats to trackers as soon as it connect to peers.

To ban this kind of childness, i think it might be uselfull to have an option where you can specify words for client types.
    (version numers or just plain client names but describable)

• nggaplz

nggaplz - 2005-09-13

It wouldn't help because the hit and run patches could also change the client name or version to something else.

Remember G3Torrent? It had this kind of client spoofing built in it.

• superontvetter

superontvetter - 2005-09-13

That true... on the other end you, can do at least *something* about it. I don't think they all do client spoof, at least not the one i am talking about.

• panique

panique - 2005-12-01

Banning based on clients is throwing the baby out with the bathwater.  Not all people who use BitLord, say, are hit-and-run leeachers.  I used to run Azureus with the Stuffer plugin, but the only one suffering was myself, because I was effectively cutting myself off from 5% of the peers, some of whom were really decent people.

Use your anti-leech strategy wisely, and you'll never need to ban another client again.

I have 2 torrents running right now, and among the top 5 peers that I'm trading with include BitLord, Shareaza, and TorrentTopia, all of whom I had previously stuffed while using Azureus.