Menu

Possibility to turn off gzip

2005-09-12
2013-04-16
  • Mircea Suciu

Mircea Suciu - 2005-09-12

Hi, is there any way gzip encoding of client-to-tracker communications could be turned OFF? Some trackers have broken gzip and, while they interpret Rufus' requests corretly, Rufus can't make heads or tails of their replies (bad data in responsefile, bad bencoded data).

So, pretty please, a way to make Rufus not talk gzip?

• d0c 54v4g3

d0c 54v4g3 - 2005-09-12

Hey,

Can you point me in the direction of these trackers?  I could re-write the client-to-tracker communications to try gzip and then drop to communications without gzip.  It would be good to have some trackers to test this with.

Thanks

d0c

• Mircea Suciu

Mircea Suciu - 2005-09-12

http://tracker.sharereactor.ro/
      It's tbsource-based, so I'll be sending a torrent with my passkey to your sourceforge email so you can test with that. And it's actually down while I'm writing this, but should resurface in a few hours.

• d0c 54v4g3

d0c 54v4g3 - 2005-09-13

Hey skee,

I've checked out the tracker and the gzip data being sent by the tracker is gzipped twice.  I'm sending the people who run the tracker an e-mail with the details to see if they can fix it.  I'd rather do this first before re-writing Rufus to catch this error as it is probably not that common and requires quite a bit of coding on my part...

Cheers

d0c

• Mircea Suciu

Mircea Suciu - 2005-09-13

Wow, cool, thanks a lot.

• Mircea Suciu

Mircea Suciu - 2005-09-18

Works right now, many thanks.