2005-01-30
2013-04-16
  • d0c 54v4g3

d0c 54v4g3 - 2005-01-30

**This is taken from the original BitMagnet forum**

By: [olly] - ohetherington
    Download Limiting 
    2005-01-19 15:35
    This is, in my opinion, a much needed feature. Not many clients do it, especially ones written in python, so would give people a reason to use bitmagnet. 

Olly

By: twinsoul - twinsoul
          RE: Download Limiting 
          2005-01-21 17:11
          i agree ;)

reasons: if you want to surf while downloading; if you want tu use other programs while using rufus(if the name has finally changed) such as emule/lphant/dcc/...; if connected to trackers that requere a share ratio; and any other that i might have forgotten

By: Campervan - sid32
          2005-01-22 00:41

I would love a check box at the end of the torrents name, for a quick way to switch to a secondary download option. I.e. If i chekc it it will seed forevr, etc.. for torrents, that I start or from ones on ratio sites..

By: d0c 54v4g3 - d0c54v4g3SourceForge.net DonorProject Admin
          2005-01-22 12:17
          @ohetherington & @twinsoul
          Yep download limiting is definitely on the books. It won't be in the next version as I just want to get something released. 

@sid32
          I think that an overhaul of the queueing system is a must, and it will include some kind of 'seed forever' option. 

-
          Once the name change has happened and the web site is up and running I'll upload a development roadmap detailing the up-and-coming changes.

Hopefully sourceforge will get back to me this weekend about the name change. If they do I'll transfer the site I've been working on and the current CVS. We will then release both Linux and win32 beta versions for testing.

d0c

• urmum

urmum - 2005-02-15

i cannot make the switch back to a g3 source based client until there is a download limiting function similar to the one in bitcomet

• urmum

urmum - 2005-02-17

hmm
      meh

still rufus is pretty good
      g3 back in its golden years

• urmum

urmum - 2005-04-02

Any work being done on download limiting?

bitcomet was so much more responsive to download limiting, and saved a lot of hassle.

I would much prefer not to have to resort to using netlimiter which is rather buggy and more of a blunt fix to a particular issue.

there are so many reasons for download limiting
      personally on sdsl, download limiting is more of an issue then upload limiting