Stats not updating properly on Tracker!

Joakim_A
2005-09-25
2013-04-16
  • Joakim_A

Joakim_A - 2005-09-25

Hello!

I have a problem with stats!

It seems that I only get credit for a little over half of what I upload on the Tracker. Why is that??

Rufus reports 1.43GB uploaded for a specific Torrent but Tracker only gets it to 873MB.

Could Rufus be giving the Tracker incorrect data??

Sincerely Joakim_A!

• Joakim_A

Joakim_A - 2005-09-25

I forgfot to mention I am using version 0.64!.

• marc

marc - 2005-09-25

Try 0.6.5  however I haven't received this bug so I can't suggest anything.

• d0c 54v4g3

d0c 54v4g3 - 2005-09-26

Hey,

There are various things that could be causing the ratios not being reported... the most common is that the tracker might only update the ratio system periodically (which is pretty common).  Another reason could be that Rufus has not been able to contact the tracker to update the ratio information - have you been getting any timeout exceeded messages?  If you want to be 100% on what is going on you could always install a packet analyser like Ethereal to monitor the HTTP requests.

Which tracker are you having problems with?

d0c

• Joakim_A

Joakim_A - 2005-09-27

After looking in to this further I think that it is the first option you mentioned that is correct meaning that the Tracker is slow at updating!.

But dont this have anything to do with announce??

I have not seen a manual announce function on Rufus!, Could you add such a function to future version??. I think that the BitTorrent Plug In for ED2K that I used to use had such a  function!.

Sincerely Joakim_A!

• d0c 54v4g3

d0c 54v4g3 - 2005-09-29

Hey Joakim,

You can manually announce by right-clicking on a torrent and selecting 'poll tracker'.  If the tracker has a policy of only updating it's ratios every x hours then it won't make any difference.

d0c