Menu

Weird Errors When Loading Torrent

Ross-co
2005-11-19
2013-04-16
  • Ross-co

Ross-co - 2005-11-19

Hi there, just got your program and I am having a weird issue with loading torrents. I am working behind a firewall and I port forwarded the proper ports according to the "Network" setting in the progy. Unfortunately I get what appears to be connection errors everytime I load a torrent. Oddly enough, however, everything downloads fine afterwards. Here is an example (although not the best) of an error:

[Pulp[1].Fiction.1994.Widescreen.DVDRip.torrent] - Problem connecting to tracker [udp://tracker2.torrentbox.com:2710/announce] - <urlopen error unknown url type: udp>

Sometimes I will also get a large box appearing that is listing each of the seeder's IP addresses and an Error message next to them... almost like it can't connect.

Any tips or firewall configurations that I might be missing?

Thanks.

• Ross-co

Ross-co - 2005-11-19

Additionally I keep getting popup "Download Error"s that read like this:

"Tracker Response - {'min interval': 1800,'peers':,'interval':1800,'complete':8,'incomplete':43}

Whazup? I mean the downloads are continuing (if a bit slow) but the errors keep popping up.

• superontvetter

superontvetter - 2005-11-20

You might want to avoid the UDP protocol cause AFIAK it's not yet supported by rufus.

• fadetoblack

fadetoblack - 2005-11-21

Yeh I get this a lot, you wil get the UDP error then after a short while it will connect anyway. More of an inconvenience than anything I guess, will be good when Rufus does support UDP.