Menu

Cant Read Some Torrents.

Wayno
2005-10-01
2013-04-16
  • Wayno

Wayno - 2005-10-01

ok this has happened a few times in Rufus to me.

[Error] - Response file D:\Temp\That 70's Show Season 2 [Complete XviD-FoV].torrent contains invalid data

so i started some research to find out why.

i came to find (yay for me)

for some reason rufus doesnt like this line
    That_70s_Show.2x21.Kelsos_Serenade.XviD-FoV\Sample\.ioFTPD

could there be a way to fix rufus from spiting chips when it comes accross lines like this?

• d0c 54v4g3

d0c 54v4g3 - 2005-10-04

Hey man,

Yeah it's the '.' infront of the 'ioFTD'.  The bdecoding function doesn't like certain characters as the first character in path names (another example is ~) - this is for security reasons. To get around it without causing security issues I was thinking about having something like this:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1186239&group_id=129687&atid=715514

but it has slipped down my todo list a little as it doesn't happen too often (or it isn't reported at least).  I'll try and get  to it when I have a little more free time.

Cheers

d0c

• Neatofx

Neatofx - 2005-10-11

Seems to happen with all demonoid torrents. I'm forced to use another client when downloading from demonoid. Kind of annoying, would appreciate any updates with this feature/bug.

• d0c 54v4g3

d0c 54v4g3 - 2005-10-11

Can you send me one of the torrents? 

Cheers

d0c

• Neatofx

Neatofx - 2005-10-12

Sure thing..

• tezywezy

tezywezy - 2005-10-13

I use Rufus 0.6.5 & Demonoid all the time & have experienced no problems downloading any torrents

• jimmy james

jimmy james - 2005-10-20

hello everyone. long time user, first time talker

Yea I have had these problems since before the name change.  I always thought it had something to do with other things regarding my buggy machine, and am heartened to see it happens to others.  If you need a file this happens to still, I can send you a few   :-)

Since I swear by rufus to everyone who asks, and some who dont, I guess i need to sign up.