Menu

Why can i download faster with Bittornado?

khu
2005-11-14
2013-04-16
  • khu

khu - 2005-11-14

I really want to like Rufus client, but for some reason, it doesn't pick up in speed.  If i use Bittornado, i can easily crack speeds up to 150KB/s and upwards on the same torrent in about 5mins. Rufus, on the other hand, stays at 80-90KB/s even if i leave it open for half an hour.  Why is this?
    Is it some setting i am not enabling in Rufus?  The following is a pic of how i have Bittornado set up:

http://img327.imageshack.us/img327/9405/screenshot0022bg.jpg

And that works just fine with Bittornado.  I tried to do similar settings with Rufus in its connections preferences, but it just doesn't pick up speed.  What makes bittornado so special?

I am behind a router based firewall, and do have ports 10000-10004 open.

Thx.

• d0c 54v4g3

d0c 54v4g3 - 2005-11-15

Hi,

Sounds like it might be a problem witht the configuration... If you look at the status list in the initiation column are there connections from 'Local' as well as 'Remote'?  If you don't you might need to check the port forwarding on your router. 

Another thing you could try is to increase the connections in preferences->connection options.  This can speed up torrents but can also problems with network connections and an increase in CPU usage.

d0c

• khu

khu - 2005-11-18

Yeah, i am getting Local and Remote connections in the initiation tab.

I am not sure what to set the connections to in preferences > connections.  My ISP (cable) speeds are as follows:

1000 KB /down
      80 KB /up
      (in KiloBytes, not bits).

What should i set the connections to with those specs?

Thx