Menu

Adding Torrents via Web Interface

Anonymous
2005-10-20
2013-04-16
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2005-10-20

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'm having a hard time adding a torrent through the web interface.

Basically, I'm copying the URL to the .torrent file from the page of the item I want to download.  I paste it in, and hit "add", but nothing happens.

Also, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to put in the "Referer" field.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2005-10-20

Well, I just noticed that exact same procedure works great for a torrent from TorrentSpy.com, but not from a torrent from Torrent-Damage.net

Any idea why?

• d0c 54v4g3

d0c 54v4g3 - 2005-10-21

Hey,

Does Torrent-Damage require you to be logged in?  Uploading from the webinterface only works if there are no pass keys or restrictions on accessing the torrent file (password protected torrent download).

Did you get any error messages (check rufus.exe.log in program files)

Cheers

d0c

• Nugmo

Nugmo - 2005-11-13

I am having the same problem on filelist.org (login required), torrentspy and torrentbox (no login).. If I use the Open file when I click the torrent, I get a error about there already being an instance of Rufus open. I've been just downloading the .torrent files and using the "Add from *.torrent" button in Rufus. Would be nice if could do it from the website like I used to... but considering the other advantages of Rufus it's well worth the extra effort. :)

• d0c 54v4g3

d0c 54v4g3 - 2005-11-15

Hey Nugmo,

What OS are you running Rufus on?  And which version?

Cheers

d0c