RubyCocoa 0.3.0 released.
What is RubyCocoa ?
RubyCocoa is a Ruby library for using Cocoa Objects on Mac
OS X in Ruby scripts. You can use RubyCocoa for:
- using Cocoa objects in Ruby Script
- writing Cocoa application with Ruby and Interface Builder
- exploration of Cocoa with irb
- prototyping of a Cocoa Application
- development of a small scale simple Cocoa Application
- Wrapping OSX GUI for Ruby script
Using RubyCocoa in Mac OS X 10.2
In Mac OS X 10.2 (Jaguar), RubyCocoa 0.3 is available with
only pre-installed Ruby 1.6.7. You don't need to install
Ruby yourself. These are released with binary distribution
for Jaguar as ".pkg" format in addition to conventional
"tgz" source. So insalling is easy. Enjoy!
In Mac OS X 10.2, Cocoa class for AppleScript / AppleEvent
added. Therefore it's possible to execute AppleScript only
with RubyCocoa without RubyAEOSA. In addition, Using "irb"
with RubyCocoa and RubyAEOSA is pretty stable.
Log in to post a comment.