Menu

5080 won't start

2006-09-17
2013-05-01
  • Bruce Rainwater

Bruce Rainwater - 2006-09-17

My 5080 froze while playing back, I attempted to reboot (and tried the various suggestions I found here, like wait over night and try again) It doesn't get past "Please Wait" screen. It sounds like a bad HD from what I have read. I removed the drive and put it in a PC and ran powermax diagnostics including the burn-in test and it passed all tests. So is it possible it is a bad HD even though it passed all of the tests ? The only thing it is doing differently since I re-installed it is about every 12 seconds the "please wait" screen flashes like it is trying to continue but doesn't.

• Nobody/Anonymous

It is possible for the physical HD to be good while the data on the disk is bad. I am assuming if you did a full burn-in test, that it scragged the data currently on the disk?

I have seen this behavior when the disk is full. of course, to delete something you have to boot, and you cannot boot if it does this.

Have you re-initialized the disc and reinstalled the Replay software (also explained on this site) and see if that helps?

• Nobody/Anonymous

How do you reinstall Replay software?  I have looked through this site and nothing is jumping out at me.