RText is a customizable programmer's text editor written in Java. Some of its features include: syntax highlighting, editing multiple documents at once, printing and print preview, find/replace/find in files dialogs, undo/redo, and online help.
This release brings the following changes:
1. Adding drop shadows to menus - thanks to JGoodies (http://jgoodies.com).
2. Revamped external LookAndFeel support. Several Substance 6.1 skins are
now selectable by default in RText.
3. Text matches in the "Find in Files" dialog are now syntax highlighted.
4. Translucent search windows now work on Java 7+, not just Java 6.
5. Added Copy, Paste, and Delete popup menu items on the File System Tree.
6. Added PERL5LIB modification support to the Perl parser - see the Perl
options panel in the Options dialog.
7. Fixed a bug with "variables" not working for tool directories (i.e.
8. Fixed several bugs in Java code completion.
9. The relevant Throwable is now included in completion choices when inside
of a catch block when editing Java.
10. Logging any uncaught EDT throwables to a log file in user's home directory
11. Fixed NPE in FindInFilesTable when user switches from WinLAF to another
one (workaround for JRE bug 6429812).
12. Added a "Libraries" tab to the About dialog listing all external libraries
13. The order you put file chooser favorite directories in is now remembered.
14. Updated Spanish translation (phrodo).
If you're interested in maintaining one of the translations of RText, send me a message!
Log in to post a comment.