RText 1.1.0 Release Notes
RText is a customizable programmer's text editor written in Java. Some of
its features include: syntax highlighting, editing multiple documents at once,
printing and print preview, find/replace/find in files dialogs, undo/redo, and
Here's what's new in 1.1.0:
1. Added "external tool" support. Similar to Eclipse, this allows you to
define and run external processes, and get their output in a docked window.
2. Improved "Tasks" support. The user can now define what words denote
"tasks" in the options menu.
3. Improved ctrl+arrow key navigation in the text editor (now works like
Eclipse) as well as word selection when double-clicking with the mouse.
4. Added an option to show EOL markers in the editor.
5. Fixed exception thrown when spell-checking plain text.
6. Code cleanup and simplification, especially of "plugin" architecture.
7. Fixed a handful of smaller bugs.
8. Updated translations: Turkish (Burak), Dutch (Roel), Brazilian Portuguese
(Marcos), Spanish (Rafael), Arabic (Linostar), Simplified Chinese
9. Added Polish translation (thanks Maciej!).
Log in to post a comment.