RText is a customizable programmer's text editor written in Java. Some of its features include: syntax highlighting, editing multiple documents at once, printing and print preview, find/replace/find in files dialogs, undo/redo, and online help.
Here's what's new in 0.9.9.3:
1. Added Groovy language support (Feature Request 1803457).
2. Added Tcl language support (syntax highlighting and source browser) (Feature Request 1796206).
3. The Source Browser now analyzes Lua files.
4. Fixed bug 1807734: Character insertions were not included in macros.
5. Added accelerators to file chooser's popup menu actions: "F2" is now a shortcut for "Rename", and "F5" is a shortcut for "Refresh".
6. Added an option to display the hostname in the title bar. This option is togglable in the "User Interface" panel of the Options dialog.
7. Fixed some stuff pointed out by FindBugs (see http://findbugs.sourceforge.net/\).
8. Made Shift+Home toggle between selecting to the start of a line, and selecting to the first non-whitespace character in the line.
9. Made the link to the RText home page in the About dialog clickable (only supported on 1.6 JRE's or newer).
10. Made background chooser dialog resizable.
11. If you're using a 1.5 JRE or greater, you can select *.bmp files for your background now.
12. Fixed bug 1813006: Filename dropdown in file chooser "popping under" on 1.6 JRE's.
13. Fix Source Browser bug - opening java file uses ctags for wrong language (only lists "Functions").
14. Fixed error recovery when ctags.exe specified is invalid.
15. Improved SQL syntax highlighting - more keywords recognized, standard SQL99 functions are colored, and multiline comments are now colored.
16. Updated translations: Spanish, French, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Russian, Turkish, and Traditional Chinese.
Log in to post a comment.