RText is a customizable programmer's text editor written in Java. Some of its features include: syntax highlighting, editing multiple documents at once, printing and print preview, find/replace/find in files dialogs, undo/redo, and online help.
Here's what's new in 0.9.9.2:
1. Fixed bug 1757880: "Go To Matching Bracket" didn't work for Perl syntax highlighting with curly braces.
2. Fixed bug 1766385: Exception thrown when trying to open a file from file history that no longer exists.
3. Unnoticeable performance enhancements to syntax highlighting code.
4. Small improvements to overwrite mode.
5. Improved performance of "replace tabs with spaces."
6. Fixed bug where some prompting dialogs didn't honor RTL setting.
7. Fixed a minor bug in the "Shortcuts" option panel.
8. Removed more unused code/files.
9. Directory choosers in Find in Files dialog and in the Options dialog now default to the currently-entered directory.
10. Made table columns in Find in Files/Replace in Files dialogs sortable.
11. Shift+Backspace now behaves just like Backspace in the editor. Previously, it did nothing.
12. Solaris packages have been made available on the SourceForge download page. Thanks to Steve Christensen for doing this! Be sure to check out his website, www.sunfreeware.com, for more great Solaris software.
13. Translation updates (bikerpete, Flatron, pivwan, Luca).