RText is a customizable programmer's text editor written in Java. Some of its features include: syntax highlighting, editing multiple documents at once, printing and print preview, find/replace/find in files dialogs, undo/redo, and online help.
Here's what's new in this release:
1, RText now takes command line arguments. Files to initially open can be specified on the command line (Bug ID 1349745). The RText.exe starter executable shipped with the Windows version can also take a special "jvmargs" parameter specifying parameters for the JVM. This parameter MUST be wrapped in quotes to be parsed correctly. An example:
RText.exe -jvmargs "-Xmx256M" C:\foo.java
2. A Mac OSX application package is now a download option.
3. Fixed bug on OSX that made the "OK" button on the Options dialog not work (Bug ID 1357539).
4. Fixed a bug in the Find in Files dialog when doing regular expression searches (Bug ID 1356899).
5. Fixed a bug that made many icon groups not work if running on UNIX (Bug ID 1364382).
6. RText now works as an "external editor" in Total Commander. This was a side effect of making RText accept command line arguments (Bug ID 1270550).
7. Fixed a bug that made it possible to have some of the UI in one language and some in another (Bug ID 1349750).
8. Tokens can now be styled with an underline as well as bold and italics.
9. The UI for plugin tabbed panes has been completely redone to somewhat resemble those in Visual Studio. I'm trying to make the appearance unique, but I want to be sure it looks good in all Look and Feels. Any feedback on the new appearance is welcome.
10. HTML syntax highlighting was redone to be much more efficient. If you see ANY errors in HTML document rendering, please let me know!
11. DTD elements are now syntax highlighted in XML files.
12. Various tweaks for Mac OS X.
13. When using the tabbed pane view, each tab now has a tooltip containing the full path of its file.
14. Made increase/decrease indent menu items use more common shortcuts ('tab' and 'shift+tab' respectively).
15. Made the GUI look a little better when Motif Look and Feel is used.
16. Fixed a small bug in the Source Browser plugin - it parsed the newly active buffer twice instead of once when a document was closed.
17. Updated the splash screen/about dialog image.
18. Added Russian translation (thanks Vladimir!).
19. Fixed and updated Hungarian translation (Flatron).
20. Updated Dutch translation (Sebastiaan).
21. Updated Turkish translation (Burak).