RText is a customizable programmer's text editor written in Java. Some of its features include: syntax highlighting, editing multiple documents at once, printing and print preview, find/replace/find in files dialogs, undo/redo, and online help.
Here's what's new in 0.9.3.0:
1. Fixed a bug in the file chooser that prevented the editing of files in any encoding other than the system default and Unicode (Bug ID 1301806).
2. The Source Browser stopped working in 0.9.2.6; this is fixed (Bug ID 1295881).
3. The Source Browser can now use syntax-highlighted tooltips for a more attractive presentation.
5. Added a JVM "Heap Indicator" plugin. Disabled by default, this plugin is a progress bar in RText's status bar that tells you the current state of the JVM heap. Double-clicking on it will attempt to perform a garbage collection.
6. When drag-and-dropping tabs in the tabbed view, you now see a gray rectangle indicating where the tab will be placed, giving more visual assurance.
7. Updated German translation (bikerpete).
8. Updated Dutch translation (Sebastiaan).
9. Updated Italian translation (stepagweb).
10. Updated French translation (PivWan).
11. The Find and Replace dialogs are now initially populated with the currently selected text, if the selection is non-empty (Feature Request 1338387).
12. A couple of minor enhancements to the Options dialog.
13. Fixed an erroneous error message when searching for strings with '+' in them via the Find dialog and the string wasn't found.
14. Modified the behavior of the left and right arrow keys in the text area when there is a selection to behave more like modern applications.
15. The Ant build scripts for RText and the standard plugins now make it easy to build "debug" versions of RText (e.g., line numbers in stack traces, etc.).
16. Added a workaround to Sun Bug ID 6329226, which would sometimes cause RText to hang when run over Exceed.
17. Upgraded to OfficeLnFs 1.1.2.
Log in to post a comment.