Add a collapse button to the top also

Developers
Anonymous
2012-05-22
2012-08-29
  • Anonymous - 2012-05-22

The feed item toolbar (containing the Collapse, Menu, Related news and Full
    content) contains the collapse button. This is very inconvinient, because the
    usual use case is: I click on a news item, it is expanded. Now the collapse
    button is on the bottom, in many cases I have to scroll down to reach it.

In contrast, Google Reader expands and collapses the news by clicking on the
    title. Since you already use the title for giving the link, it would be really
    helpful to have a collapse button also on the top of expanded news items (and
    you can still keep the one on the bottom), next to the already existing
    buttons (mark unread, sticky, label, etc.).

• genodeftest

genodeftest - 2012-05-22
    1. I don't have this collapse button. Seems to depend on your preferences if it is visible or not.
    2. The article's title is used to open the article in a browser, that's the intented behavior. Otherwise we would need an extra button/… to open the article in a browser. The current way feels more intuitive for me.

• Anonymous - 2012-05-23
    1. I don't have this collapse button. Seems to depend on your preferences if it is visible or not.

Sure you do, it is a button without icon but showing only the text "Collapse"
    at the bottom of each expanded RSS news item in the list view.

1. The article's title is used to open the article in a browser, that's the intented behavior. Otherwise we would need an extra button/… to open the article in a browser. The current way feels more intuitive for me.

Yes I agree, that's why I did not suggested to change the title behaviour. I
    suggested to add the same "Collaps" button to the top toolbar of an expanded
    RSS news item in the list view. You already have buttons there (only icons):
    mark unread, sticky, label, etc.

I hope I explained a bit clearer this time, if not, I can draw a picture :-)