Hi all, first time bug report so bear with me :-)
I've recently started to try this after reading the Lifehacker article, I
connected it with my gmail account (which has a ton of feeds), and it takes a
little while to update all of them. When it finally updates, I've been
clicking on Huffington Post and it'll crash after the first article pops up.
It then doesn't start up again so I haven't been able to see if other feeds
cause this. Another thing that might be involved is it happens after I run the
clean up. Anyways, these files keep cropping up in my home folder so I'm
assuming their pertinent...
That should have all my information so let me know if there is anything else
you need to know... thanks!
Thanks for this much information. Looks like the buggy unstable Flashplayer
crashed and killed RSSOwl… . One article currently "opened" (should be visible
on startup, but does not since RSSOwl gets crashed) contains a Flash object.
Every time you start RSSOwl the internal browser tries to load this Flash
content and crashes again.
So we need to start RSSOwl without flashplayer. The easiest way to do this:
add those lines at the end of prefs.js:
save prefs.js and try starting RSSOwl again, ideally from terminal. If it crashes again report it here.
Plugins like Flash are now disabled in RSSOwl. To enable them again, just
delete those lines from prefs.js. The problem may or may not occurr again, the
safest way would be to keep flash disabled.
As far as I can tell, it's working again! Thanks so much!
I did end up uninstalling rssowl because I'm running archlinux on a 16gb flash
drive and forgot how much space a feed reader takes up :-) I will install when
I make the move to installing onto the hard drive... thanks!
Might be important, might be not but I removed the file again and wans't able
to reproduce to error but I got it at least 10+ times before so I dunno what
happened... thanks for the great program!
Log in to post a comment.