SourceForge has been redesigned. Learn more.
Close

RSSOwl on Mac - Hangs on exit

Help
mfkilgore
2004-12-04
2012-08-29
  • mfkilgore

mfkilgore - 2004-12-04

RSSOwl starts with no problem, functions as expected. When I went to shut it down, the program hangs. A force quit did close the program, but i have lost all my favorites.

PowerBook G4
    Mac OS X 10.3.6 (latest patches)
    RSSOWL 0.9b

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-12-05

Hm, please have a download of RSSOwl 1.0 RC1 which will be released tomorrow (Sunday) and open a bug report in case the problem is still existing in that version.

Ben

• mfkilgore

mfkilgore - 2004-12-05

I just loaded and tried the 1.0 build. While the program does not now hang, it crashes (crash report generated for apple) and corrupts the data files...

If there are further tests I can run please let me know

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-12-06

Please copy the entire crash report and send it to "bpasero@rssowl.org".

Thanks,
        Ben

• mfkilgore

mfkilgore - 2004-12-06

Requested files have been sent

• mfkilgore

mfkilgore - 2004-12-19

I have just downloaded the 1.0 release and the problem of hanging on exit. If I close by the exit icon the program disappears preferences are lost. If I close by the menu quit option the program hangs requiring a force quit.

This is different from the rc1 but appears to be no better.

• mfkilgore

mfkilgore - 2004-12-19

A further update on the mac issues I was having. It appears the problem was releated to my machine - specifically jar files loaded.

I had installed an older version of jdom in the Library/Java/Ext location. Removing that appears to have solved the initial crash problem. Apparently my older version was being loaded and used instead of the version in the package...

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2004-12-19

Ah ok, good to hear that. I wonder how it could be possible that Java decides not to use the JDom that is on the classpath inside the rssowl.jar. Anyways, its working now :)

Ben

• Nobody/Anonymous

I am still experiencing this problem.

Payam

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2005-02-11

Anyone having the same problems, please write a mail to me stating:

• Mac OS X and Java VM Version
        • Is it a Java VM crash or a RSSOwl crash (rssowl will show a dialog wether to send the logfiles to me)
        • Attach the error (either logfiles of RSSOwl or the Java VM error log).

Ben

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2005-02-11

Ah and please make sure to use the latest RSSOwl version!