PLEASE help me uninstall RSSOwl/THANKS

Help
2007-09-30
2012-08-29
  • Nobody/Anonymous

How in the name can I uninstall this program. I downloaded the very latest version of RSSOwl to Windows 2000 and have tried everytihng I know how to get this off my hard drive. There is no uninstall feature, the program does not show up in the Add/Remove section of my settings, I looked through the entire regedit section and it didn't show there either. What kind of program is this? Ghost? Secret? Hidden? What?????????????

Can ANY-BODY please give me instructions on how to uninstall the RSSOwel and the Eclipse and anything else that I may have "inherited" as a result of downloading this program. It's nothing like the other RSSOwl, the older version I once downloaded. I was able to get it removed very easily. I don't like this new version at all. Any help will be very greatly appreciated and I thank you, whoever you are, in advance.

Ms Jaxxee

• Benjamin Pasero

Benjamin Pasero - 2007-09-30

You can simply delete it, its not adding anything except itself :). Maybe you could let us know what you dont like by posting at http://dev.rssowl.org or drop me a mail.

Ben

• Nobody/Anonymous

Thanks again.

Ms Jaxxee

• Nobody/Anonymous

Hi, Ben. Thanks for the feed back. I apologize for what I said. I was frustrated at the time I posted. I like the program but was frustrated because it's so troublesome trying to add new feeds. The other feed readers I'd used in the past allowed me to add new feeds by clicking on the icon found at websites or to cut and paste the url into the feed reader program and in a few seconds it was added. Everything else (that I need) is very convenient. I especially like the navigation tools at the top of the feeder's reading area and the fact that it has THREE panes. If, in your next version, it becomes easier to add feeds, that would be awesome! Thank you for your courtesy when writing back and your gracious invitation to write to tell you what was really going on when I made that unkind statement.

MsJaxxee
      10-3-07

==============================================================================

I've been trying, unsuccessfully for the past two days to uninstall the program. I downloaded the latest version to Windodow 2000. I've gone to the Add/Remove feature of Windows and it's not even listed there. There is no uninstall feature on the program file list, and in looking in regedit, I couldn't find RSSOwl listed anywhere! Is it a ghost program? PLEASE, ANY body, please, please, please tell me how to get this program off my hard drive. I used an older version of this program last year and when I was ready to uninstall, I had no problems at all. Oh, somebody please help me. Is there a priest in the house? I may need to have it exorcised if I can't get it moved off my hard drive. I don't like this new version at all.

Ms Jaxxee

RE: How can I uninstall? (New)
      By: Benjamin Pasero (bpasero) - 2007-09-30 16:11
      You can simply delete it, its not adding anything except itself :). Maybe you could let us know what you dont like by posting at http://dev.rssowl.org or drop me a mail.

Ben

• Benjamin Pasero

Benjamin Pasero - 2007-10-04

> I like the program but was frustrated because it's so troublesome trying to add new feeds.
        > The other feed readers I'd used in the past allowed me to add new feeds by clicking on the
        > icon found at websites or to cut and paste the url into the feed reader program and in a
        > few seconds it was added.

This is quite easy with RSSOwl 2 too. If you are using Firefox you can set the rssowl.exe as default newsreader. Whenever you click on the feed icon in Firefox it will show the "New Bookmark Dialog" in RSSOwl 2.

Alternatively just copy a link to clipboard and open the "New Bookmark" dialog in RSSOwl 2. You will find the link automatically pasted into the right field. You can click the small question mark in the "name" field to let RSSOwl grab the name of the feed from the feed itself.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

No, thanks